1) Time with DaddyThe hubby's dad came down for a few days and stayed with us. He drove in from WA on Thursday evening, stayed the night with us. Friday morning he went to see his dad and some other friends in town. Then Friday night we celebrated the hubby's grandpa's 80th bday! Met some awesome relatives and had a great time with everyone :-) Daddy left Saturday morning to go home. We had a nice visit (even though it was short) and had so much fun!!
2) Crazy MondaySo we were supposed to have our final homestudy on Monday but change of plans last minute! :-P Found out that I was needed for babysitting from about noon on Monday til Tuesday evening. Of course I accepted gladly! I love my time with those two little munchkins (thanks Heather!). A couple of our friends were going to be coming through town on their way home to TX and we told them they could crash here for a night. That night just happened to be on Monday. It was so great having them and hanging out with them a bit (thanks for spending some time with us Araenae and Joni!). So needless to say with 2 munchkins ages 2 and 4, and 2 friends in town with the hubby and I, we weren't able to meet with our social worker. God had other plans for us on Monday and it was a great day anyway :-)
Had some fun taking pics and videos of the kids and the hubby that night and Tuesday. Here are some of them:
The hubby playing with the kids and a ticklish duck.
Cutie Pie :)
The kiddeos reading books to the dogs through the screen door. The puppies are lying outside watching them :-)
Oh the pigtails :-)
Me and Keira :-)
3) Gardening is just an excuse for grown-ups to play in the mud! ;-)
I've been gardening the past couple days and I am so sore today! It's such great exercise!! Today as I was planting seeds, watering and pushing around the sand/soil and mud, I couldn't help but giggle at the thought that gardening is an excuse for grownups to play in the mud and water! Gardening is so cool - how God can make sand, water and a seed grow into a plant and then produce things like tomatoes, squash and carrots is so cool to me. I mean, only God can do that! And if He can do make something from nothing essentially, then He can certainly provide us with a child in one way or another! :-)
4) Adoption is an amazing journey toward God!Since we decided that we wanted to start this journey toward adoption, I've grown more in love with God. He is teaching us so much! I am more patient as I wait for this child than I was waiting to get pregnant. Caleb and I are spending a lot of quality time together. I'm loving having the kiddeos over here overnight sometimes - I'm learning so much and it's great practice for when we have kids!
5) Infertility (Which ties in with #4)A lot of people have asked me why we aren't going to have biological children, if we've been tested for infertility and tried infertility treatments yet, etc... I'm going to answer that question now as I've come to figure it out completely. I don't want to know if we can't biologically have children. Firstly, if we did see a doctor and they told us we can't have children, I'm not sure how I would handle that in my mind. Secondly, nothing is too hard for God. He can give us biological children when/if that's His plan. Sarah and Abraham conceived long after they even thought they could have children. Who is to tell us that we CAN'T biologically have children?? Finally, I don't want to take pills or have different treatments that might help us conceive because I don't want to "play God". I'm not saying it's bad. I know some people that have tried different infertility treatments, and that's not a problem. It's just not for us - it's a huge waiting game too of 'if this will help this time.wait for it.nope...let's try this.wait...nope...etc. We are really excited to see where this journey of adoption takes us and maybe in the future we might conceive too. Who knows - only God!
Well, I'm off to celebrate my cousin's 21st birthday with her and my family! Road Trip! :-)
Have a great weekend everyone!!!