This is a blog about our journey of adoption from the beginning;
typed by me, written by God.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Exciting Monday!

So, this adoption journey has been up and down for the past few months. First we find an agency we might be able to work with; then no such luck. Then we find a birthmom and apply for her and NM doesn't return their phone calls.

However, last Monday; I woke up feeling a bit discouraged about not being able to find an agency or birthmom yet. And so, I prayed. About 10 minutes later, the phone rang. It was a faith-based, non-profit agency here in NM!! They have been so busy and hadn't had a chance to call or email me from when I requested information in early May. Well, she explained to me that they have more birthmoms than adoptive parents right now AND since we have our homestudy done, we can be put on the waiting list as soon as our application is approved! So, I prayed about it. When the hubby got off work that night, we talked about it and prayed about it together and separately the next day. We decided to apply; and since Wednesday was a holiday, we had to wait until Thursday to mail it. Well, I started working on Our Family Profile book (view it by clicking on that link!) that gets shown to potential birthmoms right away and we ordered it last Tuesday. This opportunity seems like a great one; and we are still applying for grants to help finance it!

Today, I went to our PO box to get the mail, and found that we had a package waiting for us behind the counter. I went to get it, and it was our Family Profile book! It's done and looks so great!! Then, I went to my sister's store to get coffee and check my email and found an email from the Agency saying they got our application this morning. It is on the director's desk and we should expect a call in the next couple days. WOW! What an amazing start to the week  :-)

Then, I get another email about a couple of girls in the NM foster care system that we inquired about in May as well and they want to give us some more information about them! So, we are going to be talking with their caseworkers and will see what comes of all this!

So, again, we are back to waiting. But I can see God's hand in the whole thing and I'm excited to see where this all leads!  :-)

Please keep us in your prayers and we will keep you all updated when we know more!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment